Do you want to become a part of our One Happy Family? We are always looking for people who can support us on the ground as volunteers. There are some important points you need to have in mind, before you think about volunteering in the One Happy Family Community Center:

  • Be at least 21 years old.
  • Support us for at least three weeks.*
  • Have the necessary Covid-19 vaccinations.
  • Be open and open-minded.
  • Be flexible and bring a lot of energy with you.
  • Previous experience in working with refugees a great plus.
  • Being an experienced driver with an international drivers license is a plus.
  • Correct criminal record certificate (to be sent to volunteer coordination after volunteering request is confirmed).

*If this is not the first time you have volunteered in the One Happy Family community center, then it is possible to also come for a shorter time period.

Please be aware:

  • We need to review and confirm your volunteer request. Please do not book any flights or accommodation before you receive a definitive confirmation from us.
  • Applications can only be accepted in ENGLISH.

You can find detailed information about how you can volunteer with us here. Also, do not hesitate to contact us for any further information (volunteer@ohf.gr). Please kindly be informed that the working language at OHF is English.

To apply, please fill in the application form on the right side. Afterwards, our volunteer coordinator will contact you and determine if we still need volunteers in the time period you selected.

Furthermore, we will arrange an appointment for a Zoom call, during which you will have the opportunity to clarify any open questions, and we will have the chance to get to know you a little better. We reserve the right to reject applications after this conversation.

During the application process, we will request a criminal record / certificate of good conduct document which states that there have been no charges against you in the past. It can be requested from the local municipal administration, police or the post office.

Don’t have the time to come to Greece yourself? Support us financially and enable others to work in the field!

Frequently Asked Questions

Do you still need volunteers?

Yes! Our new community center in Athens is now up and running and getting busier everyday! We need 2-3 regular volunteers who will support us in the daily operations (Café, Info Point, arts table, registration desk, co-working space, cleaning, maintenance, etc.)

How can I apply as a volunteer?

Please use the application form on this page. Please do not send volunteer requests via e-mail, Facebook or to the personal numbers of the coordinators, as this introduces additional communication channels ands delays the response time. By receiving your request on this page here, we will have all your information in one place, and we will contact you as soon as possible.

What kind of support do you need? What can I contribute?

We always depend on financial support to cover running costs. OHF finances itself through private donations. We can use any support and are glad if the volunteers aid us in bearing running costs.

Is there an age restriction?

Volunteering with OHF means, that you will be in close contact with people from different cultural backgrounds, who are living in difficult circumstances. We therefore require that all volunteers be at least 21 years old. Depending on the current situation on site, we might also increase the age-limit.

Do I need an international driver’s license?

Being a driver is not a must for volunteering at OHF, but if you are a driver and would like to drive in Greece, if you are from outside EU/EFTA states such as the USA or Australia, then you need an “International Driving Permit”. Rental agencies may let you rent a car, only checking your original license, but the police may insist that you have the international license with you. Find more information about this topic here. If you are a US citizen, please find more information on the site of the AAA here.

Where can I get my criminal record from?

The following links provide more information on how to obtain this document:

Volunteering Request

The volunteer registration is now open!